We believe that beer belongs in a community. It is a social as well as drinkable pastime and deserves as wide a following as possible. All of us at Zephyrhills Brewing Company believe in helping our community and we are proud to have been involved in over 30 charity events. As we are often asked to help, we thought it would be valuable to explain our criteria for selecting events and groups we help.
- Requests must be received at least 4 weeks before the event, though we typically give preference to requests further out.
- We typically do not offer cash donations or sponsorships: We largely only approve requests for in-kind donation or sponsorship. If your event requires an entry or vendor fee or sponsorship dollars to be given up front, we will likely decline your request.
- We only sponsor events that we are legally allowed to: Florida law prohibits us from donating beer to unlicensed events. Any charity function held on public property such as a park or museum must have a temporary liquor license designated to the charity by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation in order for us to participate. Events held in an already licensed premises, such as a bar or restaurant, must be open to the public and the beer must be furnished free of charge or without implied sale for us to donate.
- All donations or sponsorships must be associated with a 501c3 non-profit organization, with the majority of proceeds directly benefiting that organization: We require a letter of determination proving 501c3 status as well as a signed letter from a chair of that organization or official receipt stating intent to donate.
- Due to the high volume of requests, we decline all requests for sponsorships of the following: Intramural or amatuer sports teams or leagues of any kind, golf outings and tournaments, athletes, motor sports, and bands. We also do not participate in sponsorship for schools (excluding some collegiate activity), religious organizations, or any event directly involving the presence of children.
- We require brewery presence at any sponsored events: We like to participate in our philanthropic efforts, not just sit by the sidelines. As such, we decline requests that are simply logo placement, free beer, or the like.